Friday, April 29, 2016

Things You Do NOT Want to Hear as a Mom

The last time I posted, I kinda went on and on.  I will now get off my little soap box for a while and share something kinda funny about my son, age 5 1/2 years. 

As a mom there are certain phrases that you DO NOT want to hear:


Hey look!  No hands!
Uh oh!
What's that?
Mom's not gonna like this....
I didn't do it!
Shhh!  Don't tell mom!

These are just a few.  What is more interesting is watching your beloved child perform such acts of mischief, and capturing said mischief on video.  I was witness to just such an event just the other day.  

As my oldest watched the video she had exclamations of "Oh no!  Please no!  Did he hurt himself?  You were filming this?!?  He could have died!!"

 
to view this on your phone or tablet click here  https://youtu.be/HRAmYYHVCTo

We did NOT have to go to the emergency room, however, this little stunt proved to me that I do in fact have a very active, normal little boy!

3 comments:

  1. As I was watching this I had two main thoughts; 1st if he were mine if be having a heart attack, than after watching and realizing he was OK; 2nd at least he's not trying russ on the big slide. But if I'm being completely honest I don't think I could've just watched this unfold, I would've freaked and stopped it because I worry, and in reflection of that fact how much fun and creativity do I prevent my kids from having because of my over protective paranoia. This was an amazing share thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't mean to cause any heart attacks with anyone, Scott watched the first run down the slide then told me I should be filming this. It is amazing the creativity our children have and can express when we let them do it. Sometimes it is better to let them try and fail then not to try at all. That is the only way they are going to learn how to do "life".

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true and something I need to work on

    ReplyDelete