Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Proud Moments As A Mamma



There comes a time in your life when you get the chance to step back and say "WOW!  I did it!  I really did teach my child something!  They really get it this time!"  That was a great eye-opener for me just today. 

I realized that it has been just about a month since my last post and I was starting to wonder if I had any ideas or insights left in my brain.  When I asked my oldest daughter for ideas, she said "well, you could write about…… (then gave me an incredible topic which I will write about sometime, but not today). "  then quickly added, "Hey, did you get a chance to read my post?"

Now, being the busy mamma that I am, I have not been able to sit down and take "powder room time" let alone read other people's blogs.  However, I, being the ever dutiful mamma that I am, responded with "I received it, but I haven't read it YET.  I will read it the next time I turn on my computer."  (I turned on said computer 5 minutes later.)

When I did read it, I was amazed at the depth of her thinking and maturity.  She was able to grasp a concept that I have been praying for my children to learn for a very long time now.  She was able to understand that change is necessary for growth and development and at times it is gonna be hard to change.  But if you pray, and trust in the Lord's timing, things will be ok.

This is a quote from her blog:

"Progress and moving forward is different for everyone. It's not all going to be the same for everyone. So don't judge someone when they handle life differently than you. 

And to add to this, prayer is so important, when praying we are on the Lords time. Not ours. He sees the bigger picture and knows what's best for us. He only gives us what he KNOWS we CAN handle!!!! We have trials set before us to help us grow and become better than we were, so we can become more like our father in heaven."


This got me to thinking about the following picture:
Image result for trust in jesus
I can relate to the small child in the picture all too often.  I don't want to give up my prized "teddy bear" cuz it is safe and familiar to me.  If I give it up, I risk not having the one thing in my life that is stable and constant.  What I so often forget to remember is Heavenly Father won't ever let me fall.  No matter what!  He has given me wings to fly countless times.  He has always had a "bigger bear" waiting for me.

His blessings are plentiful and His promises are always sure.  I encourage each of you to trust in Heavenly Father and "give up your bear", your sacrifice will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment